Launch of Highly Complex Computing Family
Client: Launch of complex computing system product family
Topic: Release of next-generation computing systems, including latest partner-provided CPU.
- Launch of highly complex computing system product family, including 4 primary configurations, ~300 assets per configuration, 4 CPU options, with upgradable memory and hard drive capacity
- Joint venture focused on key customer accounts to ensure business development and increase market share.
- Time sensitive to get next-generation systems to customer sites.
The challenges facing us were:
- Coordinating product release information from the supporting business unit and manufacturing availability of initial production units.
- Ensuring all product-level system administration was in place for immediate response when launched, including custom part generation and export compliance.
- Coordinating operations and technical support to ensure new product implementation process is completed same day of arrival from manufacturing.
- Coordinating with warehouse operations team to prioritize receiving, allocation, test, and shipment of new units from manufacturing.
The actions we took to address these challenges were:
- Weekly conference calls to confirm the accuracy and final acceptance of system bundle and blade-level bill of materials and technical data.
- Interaction and closure with supporting IT and export compliance teams to have all product-level data created, entered, and tested in order management and warehouse management systems prior to product launch.
- Coordinating operations and technical support to ensure new product implementation process was completed same day of arrival from manufacturing.
- Technical support on stand-by to execute completion of our new product implementation process.
- Clearing a section of warehouse for computing system handling, and having priority processing in place when new product implementation released.
- Interaction with business unit engineering prior to launch.
Our actions resulted in:
- Receiving manufacturing shipments in less than 4 hours.
- Demo loans to shipping in 24 to 48 hours after receipt.